My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Get ready for Saint Patrick's Day with this DELICIOUS smashed potato appetizer! Inspired by our love of dippable finger foods, these will remind you of classic potato fritters, crispy on the outside, but soft baked potato on the inside! Crispy, flavorful and dipped or drizzled with Terrapin Ridge Avocado Aioli, these potato smashers are a crowd pleaser!
-1/2 Pound bag of small Potatoes
-1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
-1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
-1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
-3 Tbsp Butter
-3 Cloves of Garlic minced or 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
-Fresh Rosemary and/or Thyme (or any fresh herb of your choice)
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
2. Boil your potatoes.. Put your potatoes in a pot, and fill water so that the water is about 1 inch above the potatoes.
3. Cook on the stove on high heat until it boils. Then lower to medium heat and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until your potatoes are soft enough to poke with a fork.
4. While your potatoes are cooking, mix your seasonings (Paprika, Garlic Salt and Pepper) in a small dish or bowl.
5. In a separate dish, melt your 3 tbsp of butter.
6. Prep a baking sheet (or two) by covering it with olive oil so your potatoes do not stick.
7. Once your potatoes are cooked through, strain any additional water and add them to your baking sheet.
8. With a fork, bottom of a glass, spatula (or really anything flat), smash your potatoes. You want them to remain about a 1/2 inch thick.
9. Brush or drizzle your melted butter on each potato, and sprinkle with your seasoning mix, minced garlic and fresh herbs.
10. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until your potatoes are at the brown/crispness you prefer.
11. Drizzle with Avocado Aioli or use as a dip.